st: how to get data for country's map

From   "Lynn Lee" <lynn09v@gmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: how to get data for country's map
Date   Mon, 24 Sep 2012 15:58:21 +0800

Dear all,

I am wondering how to get data for country's map? When I use -spmap- command
to graph map for a country, the data for x-coordinate of points and
y-coordinate of points are required.  I am not specific for some country, I
just want to know whether there are data sets available for each country's
map(detailed data for cities or counties or provinces). Is there any website
to download the data for free?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Lynn Lee