Re: st: goodness of fit measure fir ivtobit

From   Yuval Arbel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: goodness of fit measure fir ivtobit
Date   Sun, 23 Sep 2012 04:09:25 +0200

Anat,

I checked the -ereturn list- for -ivtobit- and indeed (and unlike
regular tobit) there is no pseudo R-squared measure. If you would
still like to compare between models, you can use the log-likelihood,
which is often available in stata outputs, as a simple measure. You
also have a chi-square statistics for exogeneity testing, which seems
to me more important than a goodness of fit measure.

Finally, note that in many occasions the goodness of fit measures in
these models are quite low (particularly if you have many missing
values in the dependent variables)

--
Dr. Yuval Arbel
School of Business