Re: st: Chi2 test on weighted data

Subject   Re: st: Chi2 test on weighted data
Date   Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:47:40 -0400

The Design-based F  produced by -svy tab- _is_ a  corrected weighted Pearson chi square statistic.    But because of the complex sampling design, the distribution of the uncorrected version is not chi square. To get a valid  p-value, the chi square statistic is converted to an F statistic.  For details and references, see the manual entry for "svy: tabulate twoway".

Steve