st: standardized beta for quantile regression

From   Vasan Kandaswamy <vasan.kandaswamy@ki.se>
Subject   st: standardized beta for quantile regression
Date   Thu, 20 Sep 2012 19:16:49 +0000

Dear Statalisters,

I did a quartile regression of various predictors and outcome variables. Now I would like to estimate the relative strength of the various predictors within this model using standardized beta.

The qreg  option does not seem to work. (qreg outcomevar predictor1 predictor2 ...etc, beta )

I want to also sort out by gender and tried this which also does not seem to work
(bysort gender: qreg outcomevar predictor1 predictor2 ...etc, beta)

Kindly tell me how to estimate standardized beta in a quantile regression?
Sugggestions of any sort will be of great help.

Thanks and regards
Vasan
Karolinska University Hospital
171 76 Stockholm