st: About produce graph in Latex format

From   "Lynn Lee" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: About produce graph in Latex format
Date   Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:42:25 +0800

Dear all,

I am currently working with generating graph in Latex format. The software I
use for Latex is Texmaker downloaded from  with ProTeXt
files.The Latex file installed on my computer is “MiKTeX2.8”. I also write
“\usepackage{graphicx}” in Texmaker preamble. I also typed “sjlatex
update using C:\Users\sony\desktop\Latex” and copy the file in
“C:\Stata11\ado\personal\ stlog” (because when I typed “sjlatex install
using” , Stata11 told me the sjlatex already exists and
C:\Stata11\ado\personal is not a writable file. I thought I installed this
before, and can only update it.)The command I write in Stata11 is as
        sysuse auto,clear
        cd "C:\Users\sony\desktop\Latex " (the path where I stored my Latex
      scatter price mpg
 graph2tex, epsfile(scatter) caption(pic) label(scatter) ht(3)
 Stata11 gives me the following:     % exported graph to scatter.eps
 % We can see in Figure \ref{fig:scatter} that
Then, I typed “cd C:\Stata11\ado\personal\stlog”.
 TeXworks gives me the reminder----- “\usepackage{graphicx}”. But I find
the scatter.esp file is in my “Latex” file , but I still can not get latex
format graph. Now, I am stuck here. I really do not know why.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Lynn Lee