st: Very small sample and multivariate analysis?

From   Yupa <>
Subject   st: Very small sample and multivariate analysis?
Date   Mon, 17 Sep 2012 21:41:42 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I need an advice. I have a dataset with 25 observations and three
variables: a biomarker (continuous variable), a first dummy coded 0/1
(group) and a second dummy coded 0/1.
The distribution of the biomarker isn't normal. I found a statistical
difference in the biomarker level between group 0 and group 1 with the
Mann Whitney test, but not with the t test.
A referee asked for a multivariate analysis to account for the
contribution of the second dummy variable...
Which approach/analysis may I consider?

Thanks in advance!