R: st: About difference in differences estimation

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: About difference in differences estimation
Date   Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:10:05 +0200

Lynn wrote:
"I have no idea about user-written command and Stata command. Is that mean
user-written command are not allowed to be used by researchers? ".

Dear Lynn,
the rationale of the FAQ about stating where did you get the user-written
software you quote in your post (better if with author(s)' name(s), too), is
simpy the one already provided by Maarten in one of his previous replies:
"there are often different versions of user written software floating around
in cyberspace. If you do not tell us where you got it from, than there is a
real chance that we are talking about different commands, and that is
helping nobody". This FAQ doesn't imply that user-written softwares are not
allowed to be used by researchers.

Kindest Regards,
Carlo