Re: st: indicator for "if cell contains the word or phrase"

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: indicator for "if cell contains the word or phrase"
Date   Sun, 16 Sep 2012 16:05:59 +0100

. gen stuff_present =  strpos(strvar, "stuff") > 0

For a case-insensitive match compare "stuff" with -lower(strvar)-.

Nick