Re: st: mlowess- Rescaling the Y-axis

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: mlowess- Rescaling the Y-axis
Date   Fri, 14 Sep 2012 06:07:19 +0100

-mlowess- (SSC) is user-written, as you are asked to explain.

To get what you want you would need to clone -mlowess- and remove all the graphics calls except those drawing the predicted values given the predictors.

If they are essentially flat w.r.t. the predictors the modelling or smoothing exercise is evidently finding little structure in the data.

Nick