Re: st: 3200 conformability error when writing to stata variable from mata

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: 3200 conformability error when writing to stata variable from mata
Date   Fri, 14 Sep 2012 06:00:44 +0100

In the problematic code you are asking Mata to put a vector of length 20 into a variable with 74 observations. By Mata's rules the two are not conformable.

It might be suggested that a reasonable default would be that Mata put this vector in the first 20 observations. Or again, into the last 20 observations. However, defaults such as those are not part of the Mata- Stata game. You need to be explicit about which observations are to receive the values in this vector.

Nick