Re: st: best way to estimate overall mean of clustered, stratified data using xtreg

Subject   Re: st: best way to estimate overall mean of clustered, stratified data using xtreg
Date   Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:25:59 -0400

You are describing what was apparently a sample survey of three
districts. I would recommend that you -svyset- your data and use -svy:
mean-. At the very minimum, you would:

svyset village [pweight =??], stratum(district).

You will have to supply the probability weight. This advice might change
if you describe the study design, sampling process, and purpose in more
detail.

Steve