st: how to change the location of Stata's temporary data files from within a do file

From   Stephen Martin <stephen.martin@york.ac.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: how to change the location of Stata's temporary data files from within a do file
Date   Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:54:10 +0100

I am asking Stata 11 to undertake a -reshape-. I get the error message

insufficient disk space
r(699);

I presume that the directory where Stata is attempting to save
temporary files does not have sufficient free space.  I am using Stata
11 (Windows) over a local network.  The network administrator is on
annual leave.  I do not have administrator privileges.

Is it possible to change the location for Stata's temporary files with
an appropriate edit to my do file?

Steve