Re: st: Different likelihood estimates from -mixlpred- and own calculations using -mixlbeta-

From   Arne Risa Hole <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Different likelihood estimates from -mixlpred- and own calculations using -mixlbeta-
Date   Wed, 12 Sep 2012 09:47:39 +0100

You are correct when you say that the"-mixlpred- likelihood is
averaged over simulated draws conditional on the coefficient
distribution estimates, rather than individual-specific coefficient
estimates" and this explains why the two approaches give different
results.

Yes, the approach you describe sounds reasonable if you want to
investigate how the probabilities change when the coefficient
estimates change.

Arne