st: How do create "weighting" variable given available data?

From   K C Wong <>
Subject   st: How do create "weighting" variable given available data?
Date   Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:10:38 +1200

Dear statalisters,

I'd like to ask how do I create a "weighting" variable given the available data?
I have a data showing the amount of time people working on various tasks.
How do I generate a "weighting" variable so people spending longer on
either A, B or nth task will have more weight in relation to a
continous dependent variable Y.
Your help is greatly appreciated and my apology for any unclarity.