RE: st: Identifying and recording the first occurrence of an event by actor given category

From   Erik Aadland <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Identifying and recording the first occurrence of an event by actor given category
Date   Fri, 7 Sep 2012 11:36:10 +0000

Thank you, Nick, for your solution and for the interesting reference!

To make the first occurrence conditional on specific category values (e.g. 2), I modified the code as follows:

egen first_1 = min(year / (event == 1 & category_id == 2)), by (actor_id)

This modification appears to work well, too.

Kind regards,
Erik.