st: spmap - huge files

From   Deborah Goldschmidt <>
Subject   st: spmap - huge files
Date   Thu, 06 Sep 2012 14:18:21 -0400

Hi statalisters,

I'm using the spmap command to make maps of the US. After the map is created, I use graph export and output it as a pdf. My problem is, the pdf file is huge, and takes a long time to open. Is there another format that I can save the graphs/maps in, that will be smaller and easier to open?

Thank you very much,