Re: st: Panel count data

From   Muhammad Anees <>
Subject   Re: st: Panel count data
Date   Thu, 6 Sep 2012 22:44:04 +0500

For Fixed-effects Poisson (Quasi-ML) regression with Robust Standard
Errors, check -xtpqml- which can be found from -findit xtpqml-.
The help file to -xtpqml- explains shortly and in a more concise words.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Alexander Bailey
<> wrote:
> I have panel count data, which i have being trying to model using the
> quasi-poisson model to correct for overdispersion.
>  glm stocklosses L.lynx L.feraldogs L.jackal L.ratelhoneybadger rain
> L.rain distance, family(poisson) link(log) scale (x2)
> Is this incorrect? If so what model should I use? If it is the correct
> approach how do I assess the fit of the model? Finally There is a
> fairly large incidents of zeros in my data, but stata does not allow
> me to use the zero-inflated commands with lagged explanatory variables
> which is crucial to my model.
> Thanks for the help,
> Alex
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *
> *
> *

Muhammad Anees
Assistant Professor/Programme Coordinator
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
Attock 43600, Pakistan