Re: st: Same code, same machine, same data, different results

From   Yuval Arbel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Same code, same machine, same data, different results
Date   Thu, 6 Sep 2012 14:00:00 +0300

Mattia, your question reminds me an interesting anecdote I heard from
scholars who had the privilege to use University computers back then
in the 60's: each time they ran the program, they got different
outcomes.

Back then, the reason was an overflow of memory - under such
circumstances, the computer did not stuck or gave error message, but
simply gave wrong answers!!!

Dr. Yuval Arbel
School of Business
Carmel Academic Center