st: factor command - Factor analysis of data

From   Marco Ercolani <m.g.ercolani@bham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: factor command - Factor analysis of data
Date   Wed, 5 Sep 2012 16:59:29 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

If I run the following sequence of commands:

---begin program---------------------------------------------------------
webuse nlsw88.dta, clear
generate lnWage=ln(wage)
regress lnWage age married collgrad south c_city union hours tenure
factor lnWage age married collgrad south c_city union hours tenure, pcf

Can I interpret the output of the "factor" command as a "Harman One Factor test"?

sincerely,
 Marco

P.S. I already posted the same question in a more obtuse way under
"st: Harman One Factor test". I promise this will be my last attempt.

Dr Marco G. Ercolani
Department of Economics
University of Birmingham