RE: st: negative binomial regression accepts non-integer continuous outcomes?

From   "Santos Silva, J.M.C." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: negative binomial regression accepts non-integer continuous outcomes?
Date   Wed, 5 Sep 2012 12:10:10 +0100

Dear Jason,

Negative binomial regression can be performed with non-count data but I
would not advise you to do so because the results are not invariant to the
scale of the data. My advice would be to go for Poisson (or maybe gamma)
regression that does not suffer from that problem.

All the best,

Joao