Re: st: 2-way Fixed Effects model

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: 2-way Fixed Effects model
Date   Wed, 05 Sep 2012 10:03:48 +0200

Another way would be

. iis company
. xtreg y x* i.county, fe
. predict u, u

Variable u then holds the coefficients of the dummy-variables for
company centered at their mean. Note that this is just another way to
access the dummy variable coefs. Austins remark concerning the
reliability of the coefs remains to be true, therefore.

I don't know waht the "dummy variable trap" is.

Uli