st: nl command / no intercept

From   "Christoph Neumann" <c.neumann@tu-clausthal.de>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: nl command / no intercept
Date   Mon, 3 Sep 2012 20:41:58 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I want to do a nonlinear regression without an intercept in the model. I was
surprised about the high R² values in my solution and had a look into the
literature and found the discussion about the R² <=> model without intercept
problem. For a linear regression there is the suggestion to use the
non-modified R² and the option tsscons (And use the R² values with a
different interpretation). For the nonlinear case I couldn´t find any
advices. Furthermore there is no option tsscons within the nl command.

Any suggestions or experiences? Thanks a lot!

Best,
Christoph
Technical University Clausthal (using Stata 12, Windows),
c.neumann@tu-clausthal.de