st: Basic psmatch2 help

From   Saki Tapsell <sakiuchiyama@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Basic psmatch2 help
Date   Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:44:58 +0100

Hi all,

  This is my first post here, so please tell me if I'm doing it wrong.

  Some companies own land, and some companies rent the land
(represented as land_status boolean variable).  I want to know if this
has an effect on whether the company can has access to credit (whether
they apply for credit or not, and whether the bank rejects their
application or not, represented as a category variable, called cc_6,
with 6 different values).

  So I think that I want something like:

  xi:psmatch2 land_status firm_age female taxcode membership north
i.firm_size i.ownership i.sector, outcome(i.cc_6)

The "xi:" is because psmatch2 does not currently support factor variables.

Does this sound correct?

I'm not sure how to interpret the results - the aim is to answer the
question "What effect does land_status have on the credit constrained
status cc_6?"

Thank you very much,

Saki