RE: st: Creating interaction and square variables

From   "Mike Kim" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Creating interaction and square variables
Date   Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:49:08 -0500

Thanks, Dimitriy.

I changed the code like the following and it works. I am still curious
because the first "if" works well. I am using Stata 12.

forv i=1/22 {
 forv j=1/22 {
  gen f`i'f`j'=firm`i'*firm`j' if `i'<=`j'
 }
}

forv i=1/22 {
 forv j=1/22 {