st: -ado dir-, -adoupdate-, ado describe- don't find my installed packages

From   "Lacy,Michael" <Michael.Lacy@colostate.edu>
Subject   st: -ado dir-, -adoupdate-, ado describe- don't find my installed packages
Date   Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:28:16 +0000

Greetings,

After installing Stata 12 and updating  (and removing Stata 11 afterward), I find that -ado dir-  etc. only detects a few of the 30 or so packages I have installed.
The relevant files are still in the PLUS directory, I can execute them normally, and -help- works as it should on those files.   -sysdir-  shows that the PLUS directory is correctly known to Stata, c:\ado\stbplus.

It seems then, that I need to force a rebuild of some internal listing of my installed packages that is used by -ado-.  Any thoughts out there?  I suppose this may be more of a StataCorp question, but I thought someone else might have experienced this.  (I'm running Stata SE, and my platform is Windows XP.)

Regards,

Mike Lacy
Dept. of Sociology
Colorado State University