st: could it be a bug in odbc??

From   tashi lama <ltashi32@hotmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: could it be a bug in odbc??
Date   Thu, 30 Aug 2012 14:00:52 +0000

Hello all,
   I posted this question yesterday and failed to hear any responses. Could be because the way I framed my question. So, I am attempting to make it more clear and concise. The problem is with odbc running in unix. I have a table "readership" in mysql which has a column doc_title of type varchar. While running in windows, odbc imports that column in stata with data type string. This runs in par with the stata documentation which lists string as the corresponding stata datatype to varchar in SQL. The problem arises while running Stata in unix. Stata skips the the column doc_title and gives the following notice.
note: doc_title is of a type not supported in Stata; skipped

This is so confusing. Did anyone encounter this problem? Any hint or solution will be highly appreicated.

Thanks
Tashi