st: runmlwin error: duplicate fixed part

From   Susie Schaffnit <>
Subject   st: runmlwin error: duplicate fixed part
Date   Thu, 30 Aug 2012 13:13:30 +0100

I am using the runmlwin command for a discrete-time event history analysis.  My model includes several interaction terms.  A few variables show up in more than one interaction.

When I run the model I receive this error regarding my variable called SES:
"SES SES are duplicated in the fixed part"

Oddly, SES is only one of multiple variables that is used in more than one interaction, so I am not sure why this variable is being singled out.

Here is an example of the command I am using:

runmlwin birthfiveyr2 cons i.yrsince##c.cohort c.prevchildren i.motherdead i.fatherdead ///
  	c.SES##i.liveswparents c.SES##i.partstat c.PartIn##i.yrsince i.actstat1 ///
  	i.aeduc1 i.yrsince##c.SES i.yrsince##i.actstat1, ///
 level2 (acountry: cons) ///
 level1 (yrsince:) ///
 discrete (dist(binomial) link(logit) denom(cons)) ///
 nogroup nopause

Does anyone have any idea why I am getting this error?  If I run this as a simple regression it works just fine...

Thank you!