st: weights with Gaussian Kernel in lpoly, Stata 11

From (Rafal Raciborski, StataCorp)
Subject   st: weights with Gaussian Kernel in lpoly, Stata 11
Date   Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:01:57 -0500

Nicolas Debarsy <> reported a problem with the -lpoly-

> In a nonparametric regression using the lpoly command, I would like to put
> different weights on observations.
> However, when I want to use the Gaussian Kernel, I get the following error:
> . lpoly y x3 [aw=d], kernel(gaussian)
>                  cross():  3200  conformability error
>            _lpoly_work():     -  function returned error
>                  <istmt>:     -  function returned error

We were able to reproduce this behavior in Stata 12.  The bug will be fixed
in a future update to Stata 12.

-- Rafal