Re: st: about ivregress

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: about ivregress
Date   Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:13:30 +0200

[Double Oops. Sorry about this.....I just realized that I messed up with the sem command too; the disturbances must be correlated. Here goes again. Apologies for my oversight:

1. Oops one: There was a typo in the Three-stage least square command, which should have 3sls (the default, thus it does not even need to be written, instead of 2sls)

2. Oops two: in the sem command, you must correlate cross-equation disturbances; else, the estimator will not be an instrumental variable one.]

It does; as Kit suggested "varlist" is a list of (n) variables. Try:

ivregress 2sls y x1 (x2 x5 =x3 x4 x6 x7)

If you want to specify your model precisely as indicated below, you'll need to use reg3 or sem:

Two-stage least squares estimator
reg3 (y x1 x2 x5) (x2 x3 x4) (x5 x6 x7), 2sls

Three-stage least squares estimator
reg3 (y x1 x2 x5) (x2 x3 x4) (x5 x6 x7), 3sls

You can test overidentifying restrictions with the userwritten -overid- command.

You can estimated this with -sem- too, Maximum likelihood:

sem (y<- x1 x2 x5) (x2 <-x3 x4) (x5<-x6 x7), covstructure(e._OEn)

or more specifically:

sem (y<- x1 x2 x5) (x2 <-x3 x4) (x5<-x6 x7), covstructure(e.x2*e.x5)

The covariance e.x2*ex5 is the Hausman test (see: Antonakis, J., Bendahan, S., Jacquart, P., & Lalive, R. (2010). On making causal claims: A review and recommendations. The Leadership Quarterly, 21(6), 1086-1120)

You can also add ", vce(robust)" to the sem command.

This should help,
J.

Prof. John Antonakis
Faculty of Business and Economics