Re: st: Selection of distribution

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Selection of distribution
Date   Mon, 27 Aug 2012 22:15:45 +0100

Your general question invites discussion on what you mean by "best
fit" and indeed whether you have in mind that a program should
consider different families of distribution.

For your example, -gammafit- (SSC) uses maximum likelihood as a
criterion and has been available for several years. -findit gamma-
would have pointed to this program.