st: subgroup analysis in the DCE model

From   "Chao-Yu Sung" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: subgroup analysis in the DCE model
Date   Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:17:52 +0800

Dear all,
I am currently implementing discrete choice experiment (DCE) to elicit
participants¡¦ preference.
I coded dependent variable 1 represent participants¡¦ decision, the others
coded 0.
There are columns for choice (30 alternatives per respondent), choiceID (10
sets per respondent), alternative (1 & 2 for the product alternatives, and 3
for the no-choice option).
I used the conditional l logistic model (clogit)to analyze the relative
importance of DCE attributes and also want to investigate heterogeneity in
preferences between subgroups of participants.
In other words, I¡¦d be like to investigate the preference between groups A
and B.
Previous study advised ¡§included interaction terms in the model¡¨ can analyze
the preference of subgroups.
Unfortunately, I have created effect coding (1 represent groups A) ,but I didn¡¦t succeed.
I am confused to conduct the ¡§interaction terms¡¨ in the DCE model.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Kind regards,