st: FW: Running Polychoric Principal Component Analysis in STATA

From   "Essendi H." <H.Essendi@soton.ac.uk>
Subject   st: FW: Running Polychoric Principal Component Analysis in STATA
Date   Wed, 22 Aug 2012 13:59:57 +0000

Dear STATA,

How can I run Polychoric principal component analysis in STATA? . I have likert scale data on wellbeing and I would like to prepare wealth quintiles based on these subjective responses. The challenge I am facing however is how to prepar e my variables before running this. I am not sure whether I need to recode them into dummy variables or just rung these with all the ordered category?.  Also kindly advice on how to do this step by step.

Many thanks,
Hildah