Re: Re: st: Out-of-sample forecasting using OLS regression

From   Edin Zoronjic <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: Out-of-sample forecasting using OLS regression
Date   Wed, 22 Aug 2012 04:05:46 +0100

Dear Mr. Baum,

I would like to express my gratitude to your patience and help in my case.

I did run example which you have provided me with and everything
worked well. But when I have tried with my own data it didn't work
(because for the out-of-sample period instead of data all the
observations were filled with dots), then I've decided to input random
data for periods of forecast and repeated the procedure which you have
suggested and Stata generated predicted values for out-of-sample
observations.

Thank you very much one more time. I really appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Edin Zoronjic