RE: st: sampling weight

From   "Md. Alauddin Majumder" <mm4v@mtmail.mtsu.edu>
Subject   RE: st: sampling weight
Date   Sat, 18 Aug 2012 18:34:26 +0000

Hello Steve, thanks for your suggestion!

Alauddin

From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] on behalf of Steve Samuels [sjsamuels@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2012 1:26 PM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: sampling weight

> On Aug 18, 2012, at 7:55 AM, Md. Alauddin Majumder wrote:
>
> Hello statalist, I am confused about which sampling weight (panel or cross sectional) to use, while the sample is a pooled sample from the NLSY97.

I have no experience with this survey, but after looking at
http://www.nlsinfo.org/nlsy97/nlsdocs/nlsy97/use97data/weights.html,
I think that one likely answer to your question is "neither weight".

I suggest that you consult someone who has done an analysis of the NLSY97
similar to that which you propose.

Steve
sjsamuels@gmail.com