st: propensity matching and matched pair analysis

From   Claude Beaty <cbeaty1@jhmi.edu>
Subject   st: propensity matching and matched pair analysis
Date   Fri, 17 Aug 2012 20:09:21 +0000

All,

I have utilized the psmatch2 command to successfully create a 2:1 nearest neighbor match in my data based upon the presence of a specific disease. This has resulted in 630 cases and 1200 controls. I can identify the matches by the unique ID numbers created during the match process. In order to accurately analyze this data, I know that I need to run McNemar's test for categorical variables and the sign rank test for continuous variables to account for the pairing. However, currently the data are listed as 1800 different observations. Is there an easy was to group the cases with their controls, or due I have to manually create 630 groups by and then sum the results from each group to run these analyses?

Claude A. Beaty Jr., M.D.
Halsted Surgical Resident
Cardiac Surgery Research Fellow
The Johns Hopkins Hospital