st: Problem with grid lines in twoway plot

From   "Palan, Stefan (" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Problem with grid lines in twoway plot
Date   Thu, 16 Aug 2012 16:58:47 +0200

Hi everybody,

When I draw a twoway line plot and I use solid grid lines for the y-axis in Stata 12, everything looks fine (e.g. However, once I switch to dotted grid lines, some dots go missing, leaving me with some uneven looking grid lines ( If I go for tight dots, the problem becomes even worse, in that entire sections of the grid disappear (

Can anybody help me get a dotted grid without these problems?

Stefan Palan
Karl-Franzens-University Graz
Institute of Banking and Finance
Universitaetsstrasse 15/F2