st: Margins after using ML maximize

From   Anton Goeree <antongoeree@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Margins after using ML maximize
Date   Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:43:48 +0200

Dear Statalist,

After having written a model in STATA that uses five equations, I
would like to use the margins command to efficiently get the marginal
effect of the variables in the separate models.

When I type margins (or margins, atmeans), however, it fails to show
more than the marginal effect of some constant (_cons).

Is it possible to get marginal effects after ml model/ml maximize, or
do I have to stick to manual calculation of the marginal effects?

Thanks in advance,

Anton