Re: st: create a variable with estimated coefficients on dummies

From   "Bernini, Michele" <Michele.Bernini@unitn.it>
Subject   Re: st: create a variable with estimated coefficients on dummies
Date   Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:11:59 +0200

Sorry for this follow-up. Nick's method resolves the problem except for the reshape part. Take the auto example. If the variable 'rep78' had three categories A, B, C, the command i.rep78 would have created three dummies and after the  command  "xi : statsby , by(foreign) : regress mpg i.rep78" I would have three columns :  "_b_Ir~78_A" , " _b_Ir~78_B", " _b_Ir~78_C". When I reshape long I would need A, B, C instead of "foreign" and "domestic" to be my the values assumed by my id variable (even if I need to run separate regressions for foreign and domestic).

Thanks in advance for your advices,

Michele