Re: st: -gmm- and -outreg2-

From   Richard Williams <>
To, statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: -gmm- and -outreg2-
Date   Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:22:23 -0500

At 02:55 PM 8/14/2012, Joseph Monte wrote:
Hi Statalisters,

I am trying to export the results of the -gmm- estimation in the link
below to Microsoft Excel using -outreg2-.

The following command does not seem to work

outreg2 using myfile, replace excel

Would appreciate any help on the issue. I am using Stata 12.

What do you mean by "does not seem to work?" Are you getting errors, or is the output wrong? The following worked for me (or at least i got output, I don't know if it is right).

use, clear
loc x "exper* smsa* south mar black reg662-reg669"
ivpois wage `x', endog(educ) exog(nearc2 nearc4)
gmm (wage*exp(-{xb:`x' educ}-{b0})-1), inst(`x' nearc2 nearc4)
estat overid
ivreg2 lw `x' (educ=nearc2 nearc4)
outreg2 using myfile, replace excel
seeout using "myfile.txt"

Note that ivpois and outreg2 are user-written commands and need to be installed.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu