Re: st: -gmm- and -outreg2-

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, statalist <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: -gmm- and -outreg2-
Date   Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:22:23 -0500

At 02:55 PM 8/14/2012, Joseph Monte wrote:
Hi Statalisters,

I am trying to export the results of the -gmm- estimation in the link
below to Microsoft Excel using -outreg2-.

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-06/msg01048.html

The following command does not seem to work

outreg2 using myfile, replace excel

Would appreciate any help on the issue. I am using Stata 12.

Thanks,

What do you mean by "does not seem to work?" Are you getting errors, or is the output wrong? The following worked for me (or at least i got output, I don't know if it is right).

use http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-p/data/wooldridge/card, clear
loc x "exper* smsa* south mar black reg662-reg669"
ivpois wage `x', endog(educ) exog(nearc2 nearc4)
gmm (wage*exp(-{xb:`x' educ}-{b0})-1), inst(`x' nearc2 nearc4)
estat overid
ivreg2 lw `x' (educ=nearc2 nearc4)
outreg2 using myfile, replace excel
seeout using "myfile.txt"

Note that ivpois and outreg2 are user-written commands and need to be installed.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam