Re: st: ado file help

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: ado file help
Date   Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:23:00 +0100

Quite. -varname- or -varlist- in a -syntax- statement refers to an
existing variable; if what you supply is not the name of an existing
variable, that is an error. That will be inevitable if there are no
data in memory.

If you need to supply such a name, you must supply it in some other
way. I thought that the main purpose of this program was to read in
data and that -odbc- takes care of that for you.

Nick