st: Plotting with cumuli and doing Kolmogorov-Smirnov

From   Morrison Hodges <>
Subject   st: Plotting with cumuli and doing Kolmogorov-Smirnov
Date   Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:44:43 -0500

I'm having some difficulty with a do-file for analyzing and plotting my data. I have 3 sets of data that I would like to plot the cumulative distribution function of, and use the Kolmogorov-Smirnow test to see if the 3 sets are distributed separately. The 3 sets are from 3 patient groups: a normal group, a group that had atrial fibrillation ablated in the laboratory, and a group with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. (Atrial fibrillation is a common arrhythmia of the upper chamber of the heart. It is very bothersome to patients, and can cause strokes and death.) I want to get the CDF for a given variable in the 3 groups, and use K-S.

I can plot with 'distplot', but this apparantly does not allow the 'equal' option. I can plot with 'cumul', and with the 'stack' command I can plot all three CDFs. But I can't figure out how to use the K-S test, either before or after the plotting. I have searched the Statalist, but found nothing to help, really. Could you help me?