Re: st: egen rowmin but not value but variable name

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: egen rowmin but not value but variable name
Date   Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:53:22 +0100

Dopey example. Which is minimum of price-gear_ratio in auto data?

sysuse auto, clear

gen which_min = "price"
gen min = price

qui foreach v of var mpg-gear_ratio {