st: unix shell "convert" command in stata script

From   tashi lama <>
To   <>
Subject   st: unix shell "convert" command in stata script
Date   Fri, 10 Aug 2012 17:52:33 +0000

I am running stata in unix and since stata can't crate png files in console, I am converting eps files into jpeg. The way I am doing right now is create and then export an image. Then I go to the shell in my directory and convert the eps file into jpeg. I tried converting the eps into jpeg using unix 'convert' command inside the script(do-file). Stata doesn't allow and throws back unrecognized command. This makes sense because 'convert' is a unix command, not stata. Is there a way to have a unix command in stata do-file?

Thanx tons.