st: dash line in histogram

From   "Cohen, Elan" <cohened@upmc.edu>
Subject   st: dash line in histogram
Date   Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:25:14 +0000

Statalisters,

I don't know if this has been observed before, but I'm seeing something very strange.  When specifying the option -lp(dash)- to -hist-, there is an extra line that cuts across the entire histogram.

sysuse auto
hist gear_ratio, lp(dash)

I'm getting this for Stata 11 and 12, and other line patterns (just not solid).  Is anyone else getting this?  Is this a bug?

Thanks,

- Elan

--
Elan D Cohen, MS
Center for Research on Health Care Data Center