Re: st: Regression with different firms

From   "felix kreppel" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Regression with different firms
Date   Thu, 09 Aug 2012 20:44:29 +0200

I tried the following commmand:

reshape long firm std, i(date) j(firm)

This seems to work. My dataset, however, is quite large (1000 firms & 1000 volatilites). It seems as if Stata cannot perform the conversion. Am I doing something wrong, or is there another way to do this?

The regression command I would end up with after reshaping would be

regress firm std market_return, right?

Thanks.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------