Re: st: Change of reference group in linear multiple regression analysis

From   daniel klein <klein.daniel.81@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Change of reference group in linear multiple regression analysis
Date   Thu, 9 Aug 2012 15:35:48 +0200

You do not show your code, but I assuem you typed something like

reg y i.x

Instead type

reg y ib6.x

(given the values of x are 1-6). See -help fvvarlist-.

Best
Daniel

--
Hi, I'm currently running a linear multiple regression analysis where
the principle explanatory variable is:

[...]

-  Currently the default group is the first category, <3yrs. I would
however like to change this in the regression to the last group >=30
years. How do I do this without having to recode the above variable?