st: RE: missing standard error in multinomial logit

From   "Macquet, Laure (Student)" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: RE: missing standard error in multinomial logit
Date   Wed, 8 Aug 2012 18:04:37 +0000

Hello all,

I am trying to estimate the impact of some specificities of e-commerce firms on their choice for entry mode through a multinomial logit regression.

The entry modes are the dependent variable: Acquisition, Joint Venture, Partnership, Greenfield

In my independent variables, amongst others, I have two dummies:
WEB (1 if the acquired/partnering firm is an online firm, 0 otherwise)
BM (1 if the acquired/partnering firm is a brick and mortar firm, 0 otherwise)

When I run the regression with all the independent variables, the number of iterations is really big (around 45) and some lines within the table have missing values except from the coefficient. I suspect the two dummies to be the issue but I cannot really get rid of any of them...
Indeed, WEB=0 does not necessarily means that BM=1 for the same observation since in the case of Greenfield, WEB=BM=0 (there is no acquired/partnering firm).

Can anybody help me on this?

Thanks very very much !