Re: st: rename

From   "Airey, David C" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: rename
Date   Tue, 7 Aug 2012 15:29:56 -0500

.

If I had 1000 variables and wanted to rename them to a
list of another 1000 names, what is the best way to do this?
There are no stubs, so I cannot use the rename group command

rename (stub1-stub1000) (mystub1-mystub1000)

I can probably get the variable names inside a single local
more easily after which I might expect this to work:

rename (`original') (`newnames')