st: Marginal effects in Probit

From   Shikha Sinha <shikha.sinha414@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Marginal effects in Probit
Date   Mon, 6 Aug 2012 19:45:57 -0700

Hi all,

I am running a probit model as my dependent variable is binary. For
ease of interpretation, I am estimating marginal effects at mean.

My question: What is the relationship between the magnitudes of (a)
probit coefficient and (b) marginal effects at mean? Is (a) always
bigger than (b) or vice versa? Is it possible to say a prioro, on what
factors these magnitudes would depend?

Thanks,
Shikha