st: add observations

From   Ronnie Babigumira <rb.glists@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: add observations
Date   Mon, 6 Aug 2012 14:25:44 +0200

Dear listers,

I have a dataset that looks like this
    hcod pd pdt
3092285 1 31
3092285 1 43
3092285 2 11
3092285 2 21
3092285 2 41
3092285 2 45
3092285 3 42

I would like to add new observations so that I end up with
    hcod pd pdt
3092285 1 31
3092285 1 43
3092285 2 11
3092285 2 21
3092285 2 41
3092285 2 45
3092285 3 42
3092285 4 31
3092285 4 43
3092285 4 11
3092285 4 21
3092285 4 41
3092285 4 45

3092285 4 42

Basically, each unit (hcod) should have 4 periods (pd). What we would like to do is add all products (pdt) present in the non-missing periods to the missing period.

Any suggestions to get us started would be very welcome.

Thanks

Ronnie